Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

AGGR in Dimension, strange issue

I have a number of dimensions and one of them is the following:

=AGGR(MIN(InsertCalendarDate), ADORDERNUMBER)

This seems to work fine, until I select a Period from the Insert Date table.  When I do this all the dimensions under the AGGR disappear.  SalesFlash.jpg

Has any experienced this before?  Any ideas?

Thanks

9 Replies
prodanov
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Check with =AGGR(MIN({1} InsertCalendarDate), ADORDERNUMBER) or =AGGR(MIN({$<InsertCalendarDate=>} InsertCalendarDate), ADORDERNUMBER)

markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks for the suggestions.

One of the things that makes this even more confusing is that it is only happening with those applications that I am using section access with.

I will send to QV Support and see if it is an bug, since it works fine when I disable section access.

Thanks

Not applicable

hi Mark,

seems i have your problem(but only with qv11 sr2.with qv11 sr1(or before) this problem doesn't appears)

did you receive any answer from QlikSupport?

many thanks and best regards

markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Brian,

I haven't resolved this as of yet.  Just curious, is your application using section access?

Thanks

Not applicable

Yes,

I tried to duplicate the report:

one with SA e one without SA.

When i try to open the first then the dimensions after AGGR Dimension Column disappear while, when open report without SA, the report works fine.very strange!!

markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I'm sure it is a bug, so what I ended up doing was moving the Calculated Dimension code into my script so that I could just use a field.  Luckily it was something that wasn't too difficult to move.

prodanov
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi guys

This is not strange. SA reduce your data. Think about this, because your user don't have access to data. Check report after reload and select some of users. then you will work as user.

Regards

markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hello Dimitar,

I hear you, but that is not what is happening in this case.  In fact, it only happens when opened via the QV Server (through IE plugin, Ajax or Open in Server).  If I open with the fat client there are no issues.  So I do believe it is a bug in the server.

Thanks

Not applicable

Hi ,

the strange is that in qv11 sr1(and before) the problem doesn't appear if i open the same document with the same user.

I tested also to open a document whit ADMIN user but the problem persist.

Many thanks and have a nice day