Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

AJAX View is differant then QLIKVIEW ???

QV 1.JPGQV 2.JPG

When viewing the same qvd side by side ( 1 in Qlikview, 1 in Access Portal (Java)) there are some major differance.

List boxes no longer look or react as they should.  Any ideas ?????

Thanks in Advance

Geno D

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Geno,

Check the listbox Properties, Presentation tab, uncheck "Order By Column" and if there is set a fixed number of columns, remove it.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks I have checked the properties and the "Order by Column " box was not ticked,

As it looks like the access portal is set to single column ??? How do I get to the properties inside the the access portal ??

Thanks

Geno

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Geno,

The AccessPoint reads the properties from the QVW itself, so the properties in Desktop (the development application) should be the same as in the AccessPoint. I have been working with version 11 and multiple column listboxes and they are displayed correctly, it's not possible to change properties only for AccessPoint. I recommend you to first enable the WebView in your document which will provide you with a closer look at the Ajax display (Settings, Document Properties, General tab, Use WebView in Layout).

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

From the QlikView menu choose View..Design Grid.

Click on your listbox.

Is the black border around the listbox the same size as the listbox?  In your case it might be larger.

Resize the black box to be the same size as the listbox.  Test in WebView

I have found that Ajax tries to fill up the space of the black box instead of using the actual size of the listbox.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel and Ehilsinger

I have switched on webview and checked the box outlines (same size) I have also checked the web properties and the  boxes are still unticked.  ???? This is a strange one