AJAX client once again - settings of objects not applied
[sorry, I have actually already posted this, but it is at the end of a rather longish thread, with a few posts by myself in front which makes the whole thing a bit difficult]
I have quite a simple problem:
=> For one new app I have developed, there are two hourglasses (text_boxes with a jpg as background) and a number of "balls"
inside (text_boxes that I have set to be circular via the "rounded corners" functionality in the dialog (radius relative, set to 100%)
<=> This setting is seemingly ignored by the AJAX client: The users of our apps all view them via the browser (IE) currently and it
doesn't seem to work: In the Browser, all the text_boxes were squares again.
Is there some setting that has to be adjusted so that changes of that kind are reflected in AJAX?
Otherwise, we might have to revisit the installation of the client on that machine, which will be problematic because it is rather old and I'm not sure that QlikView would be very performant there - it might be possible for just this one app if I keep it small, but then they'd have two methods to view QlikView_apps and I foresee some measure of confusion there ...
Thanks a lot!
P.S.: They have IE 8 - maybe a newer version would do this?
P.P.S.: Nope - I have IE9 here and it's the same - in the AccessPoint I see the apps with the round text_boxes - but once I actually open it, they are square.
Their machine has 3 Ghz and barely 1 GB of RAM. That seems quite critical for installing the QlikView_client. Can any of you tell me any particulars about that?
P.P.S.: Can you tell me which version of the client that machine is most likely to support? It doesn't have to be the most current one - any version that will support those enhanced object_settings will do I guess. There is, after all, no question of editing the app on that machine, but only displaying it.
I have just now visited the second link you have posted and tried all three of those methods - funnily, the "developer options" are accessible, so I tried every BrowserMode that I have available - 7, 8, 9 and 9_in_Compat_mode - to no avail. I also had a look at the DocMode - that is set to IE9, that's the default, and I also tried the others.
So, now I'm unsure: When it doesn't work on my machine with IE9 installed, then getting IT to install IE9 on that machine will probably not solve the problem. It still looks like an update will be needed, but I'd rather be sure about the way to a solution first ...
In the dialog, there is an edit_field for "XX degrees" and below, there is the thing for "radius" that you can set to "fixed" and to a value of "XX pt."
And why on earth is that set to a fixed value in AJAX - I take it that is nothing that the AJAX_client decides, but rather QlikView passes the page to AJAX with that setting ...
P.S.: Up to now - I'm just experimenting with different combinations - on my own laptop, but in the Browser and client alternately. I haven't hit upon one that works yet. The browser does display rounded corners, but the form is still much closer to square than to round ...