Skip to main content
Announcements
NEW: Seamless Public Data Sharing with Qlik's New Anonymous Access Capability: TELL ME MORE!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

[ASK] Drill-down Group in Cyclic Group

Hello qlikview user..

i want to ask that can i create a Cyclic Group that have Drill-down Group also for dimension?

example :

Main dimension is Cyclic Group that have :

1. State

2. Province

3. Branch

and Branch is a Drill-down Group that have :

1. Area

2. City

Many thx before

5 Replies
vikasmahajan

PFA sample

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

thx for your reply Vikas,

but this is not what i mean..

what i want is that i select Branch in my cyclic group dimension then it can drill down, but when my cyclic group isn't selecting branch then there's no drill down group.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Not sure if I understand you exactly, but if you mean you need to have a drill down group inside a cyclic group (Both in a single column) then I don't think that is possible.

But if you need cyclic and drill down group in as 2 separate columns then once "Branch" is selected in cyclic group then there should be some particular selection in drill down group. This i think can be achieved using field based triggers.

Not applicable
Author

sorry for my bad english..

what is field based triggers and how to use it?

Not applicable
Author

I am assuming you need the second scenario i.e Cyclic and Drill down in 2 separate columns and selections in drill down based on cyclic group.

For field based triggers, go to Settings--Document Properties, Triggers tab and follow the below steps:

1. In the "Field Event Triggers" section, select the field you want the selection to happen, in your case I think it will be "Branch".

2. Click on Add Action per your need i.e. OnSelect, OnChange, OnLock or OnUnlock.

3. Add Action as,

Action Type: Selection
Action: Select in Field

This way you can make selections in the field you want based on the field selected in Cyclic Group.

Hope this helps!