Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roland_berger
Contributor
Contributor

Above with cycle groups (year-over-year KPI)

Hi Qlik Community!

There are already a couple of threads on this topic, I was however not able to answer my question with them. I need to do a year-over-year comparison (compare Jan17 with Jan16, Feb17 with Feb16 etc) and calculate the growth rate. I would like to do this in a pivot table. So far, so easy, since I would just do sum(xy)/above(sum(xy)). The table however includes besides year and month also a third dimension, which is a cycle group (in the example below called 'Color'). And that's where I get lost.

Unbenannt.PNG

The output of my above function (or my denominator) should be like Table 2 in the screenshot that I attached, i.e. I need to find the expression that would give me Table 2. Table 1 is generated just by using sum(xy) as expression. I already messed around with total and aggr() but wasn't able to get the correct result.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Roland B.

Labels (4)
2 Replies
alex00321
Creator II
Creator II

Hi would you explain what exactly you want and maybe share the necessary files? Thanks!

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Roland, have a look at the following Design Blog post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Year-over-Year-Comparisons/ba-p/1462927

If that is not quite it, use the following link to continue searching for other posts in the Design Blog area, as I suspect you may find something there to help further.  Once you do find something, it would be great if you can post what you ended up doing to close out your thread here, just post what you did, and once posted, use the Accept as Solution button on that post to mark it.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.