Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access Denied Message

Hi All,

In the below image. I have access only to cashflow dashboard. When i click on Receivables. I will get a message on the screen(Admin Access Privelages). This is working as expected.

access1.JPG

But when i click on Leads tab in the below image. It goes to the Leads tab and then will get a message on the screen. Problem here is it goes to the Leads tab and then will get a Message and closing on the message will have access to Leads tab.

access2.JPG

Can someone tell me where is the mistake.

Regards,

Keerthi KS

25 Replies
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Keerthi,

Right click on the sheet and click properties.  You will see the below window. Go to objects tab and search the textbox which showing as "Condition: Hidden"

Capture.PNG

Modify the conditional show as per your requirement.

Not applicable
Author

Its the same condition for all the tabs. Conditions are working as expected. But the problem here is on click of Leads tab it goes to that sheet and then the Access denied message will be displayed.

It should show the message first

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

It will show the message, since the condition is Sum(SH_Leads)>0. So, the vCheckValidAcess is set as 1. As I already told you need to change the condition here (or If you don't want, simply remove these actions in LEADS label).

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nagraj,

I understand it shows the message. But it shows after going to Leads tab. But for me it should show before going to leads tab.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Fine. Simply, delete the activate sheet action (LEADS label).

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

But sheet will not be activated when there is access.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Change the order like below and activate sheet expression as

=If(vCheckValidAccess=1,'Document\SH53')

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Still its behaving same way. Other tab works in different way. This tab works other way.

When i am in Cashflow tab and click on Leads tab. It will not go to the tab and then it displays message instead it should display message at the same screen(Cashflow Sheet) and display the Message.

Hope you understood my requirement.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Keerthi,

Understood. Change the order for all the labels (activate sheet formula as =If(vCheckValidAccess=1,'Document\SheetId)   as I mentioned earlier. I could not attach your sample, since the size is 9 MB. Could you check and let me know. 

Not applicable
Author

Changed the order but its not working.