Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access Point Chart Legend Incomplete

I am using the Web Interface to create some custom charts in an existing Access Point QVW. The chart I have created only shows one of the three chart expressions in the Legend. It appears the other two are there, but are not visible because the chart area covers them. I tried to use Ctrl+Shift and resize the legend but that doesn't work on the access point version. I have verified all three of the expressions being charted are check to "Show In legend." Any other ideas on how to view the full legend.

6 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try the following:

1. Under chart object properties > General tab > Reset user sizing and Reset user docking

2. Make sure that "Limit Legend" is unchecked under "Presentation tab"

3. Now you can use the Ctrl + Shift to size the Legend box and this should work

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Not applicable
Author

DV,

Thanks for looking at my issue. This would work if I were using the Desk Top version of the QV application. However, we are using the Web Interface to create custom charts on an existing server version of a .qvw that is user accessed through the Server "Access Point" web browser interface and it does not have the ability in the limited functions it has to do the steps you mentioned.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Are you referring to IE Plugin?

Not applicable
Author

Yes. we are using the IE Plugin and are limited by its functionality.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry, you've mentioned it in your original message but I somehow missed it. So this will more of user functionality rather than the DEV functionality. I assume that you're going to allow users to create custom charts on IE Plug-In? If yes, then why don't you provide each chart as shared object. This way users will use the pre-defined template and then can customize the dimensions and measures and the underlying properties are still controlled by the Developers.

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Not applicable
Author

That would be nice if I were the Developer. However, the Developer is a third-party contractor and users don't have development licenses. I will hope there is another way to address this in the IE-Plugin versions instead of the developer version. Thanks for your help.