Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Accesspoint: URL to dashboard (QVW) is changing

Hi,

I try to solve the problem of changing URL to dashboard in accesspoint.

My hypothesis is:

I save the QVW file on server (was made in QV Desktop), then i open it on accesspoint and the url to dashboard is:

http://server01/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=Dasboard.qvw&host=Local

After some changes on server on in QVW file and saving (I think when I open QVW from server folder in QV Desktop), the URL changes to:

http://server01/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=Dasboard.qvw&host=QVS%40server01

Why does the end of the URL changes?

We tried to do "friendly URL", but this change does not help us, because the URL set on server won´t work.

Thank you!

Maros

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
quwok
Creator III
Creator III

The last part of the URL is changing is because you are accessing it from different location.

The first one is when you access AccessPoint on your QlikView Server (hence local).

The second one is when you are accessing AccessPoint from your local machine.

You will notice that it will not change and is always the second URL for the users.

Also, note the host part is optional. You can leave it out and the URL will still open the document without problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
quwok
Creator III
Creator III

The last part of the URL is changing is because you are accessing it from different location.

The first one is when you access AccessPoint on your QlikView Server (hence local).

The second one is when you are accessing AccessPoint from your local machine.

You will notice that it will not change and is always the second URL for the users.

Also, note the host part is optional. You can leave it out and the URL will still open the document without problem.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer, I will set the URL without "host part".