Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Actions and States

Hi,

I have a lot of buttons, that are used to do preselection of some values. They reside on a sheet that works in a alternate state than the rest of the Application. My problem is that the Actions, seem to ignore inheritance of the state from the sheet.

If I create a simple action, in the sheet and activate it, it selects in the default state of the application (I'd expect it to inherit the sheets state). However if I on the action set the state to be in different state it selects correctly. The object state also has no effect.

The manuel says:

Alternate StateSets the state that the action refers to. This setting is only relevant for actions related to selections or bookmarks.

Is there no workaround for this? Its really unintuitive that you have to set the state on the action, and that inheritance has no effect.

1 Reply
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You might want to log this in the Ideas section. I would agree that one would expect alternate state inheritance to apply to actions as well.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein