Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Active Directory data in QVW

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way of retrieving the Active Directory data and show this data in a QVW ...

Anyone got suggestions how to get the AD data??

thx

Anita

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anita

Take a look at the attached, this does some weird stuff with OUs specifically for us (to get hold of current work stream) but the general concept of loading from AD is there, just strip out all the stuff you won't be needing.

Note: This is normally called just a .QVS file, I had to rename it to upload it to the forum.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Nigel,

The sample is clear ... but I'm not really sure what to fill in in the datasource ... should I fill in the domain name??

thx

Anita

Not applicable
Author

hello,

what do you think about exporting ad object to an csv file and then load it to qv ? you can use the commande csvde -f filename.csv it will export all ad object to the specified file .

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anita

In the first part, change CollerCapital.Com to your domain name for AD.

In the part where it assigns a value to RootDSE, do the same thing but separate the two parts as is done in the sample.

Most of the bits where it uses the LET statement are very specific to my requirements to obtain a work stream name, which then tells me which server I need to connect to for the data, so you can pretty much remove all of that stuff (better to comment it then test first though):

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Doesn't work for me ... 'Invalid Credentials' ... seems that I'm not allowed to do so ...

Not applicable
Author

yes you must have admin permissions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm not the superadmin but an admin on the system ...

But can't I just get the information in the way nigel suggested then??

Not applicable
Author

i SUGGEST YOUR RESPONSE BY MISTAKE how can i disable this

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

Thank's for the nice solution.

I have a small problem: error when using the "GroupMembers" function.

Any solution?

Thank's again,

Amnon