Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denis115
Creator
Creator

Active directory groups

Hi everyone!

I need to know if it is possible to hide sheet from AD groups?

I have 3 users and 3 groups and what I want is :

user1 (from ad group Q1) =sheet 1

user2 (from ad group Q2)=sheet 2

user3 (from ad group Q3)=sheet3

thank you!

17 Replies
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

are you using Publisher to distribute the document to a specific AD-Group or do you use Section Access currently?

In Your case if you only have 3 users there is no win to use the AD-Groups, you can easy use the AD-username instead.

When I try to do something simular, this dosent work when I used Publisher. Because if you Distribute the document to an AD-Group then the user Access the document With this AD-Group. When later user has opened the document he should then be a part of another AD-Group, ex Q1. I'll dont think qlikview recognize this 3 Groups after it has been Distributed to an other AD-Group.

denis115
Creator
Creator
Author

There are more users of course. Im using section access and here groups are working fine but when I use groups in hidding sheet like this

If(Match(NTNAME(),'DOMAIN\GROUP'),1,0)

it doesnt work

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Ok, how does Your Section Access Looks like?

Have you create a table where you have  specify what sheet Sub Ad-Group should have Access to?

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

What is NTNAME() by the way? OSUser() should be used if you want to use AD-user.

denis115
Creator
Creator
Author

I need not user but the group

denis115
Creator
Creator
Author

it was my second variant to do but it will take a lot of time because I have more then 10 sheets

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You cant use AD-Groups directly in Section Access, you must get Down to user Level to get it to work.

marcus_sommerpcammaert

denis115
Creator
Creator
Author

yes I can use cause it and it work very good and with no errors

ex:

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE

[

ACCESS, NTNAME,PRODTYPE,PRODTYPE3,REGION1

ADMIN, DOMAIN\QlikView,*,*,*

];

Section Application;

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Yes You could use it as a first reduction, but then you want to use New Groups on sheets. I'll think that wont work on Group Level.