Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denis115
Creator
Creator

Active directory groups

Hi everyone!

I need to know if it is possible to hide sheet from AD groups?

I have 3 users and 3 groups and what I want is :

user1 (from ad group Q1) =sheet 1

user2 (from ad group Q2)=sheet 2

user3 (from ad group Q3)=sheet3

thank you!

17 Replies
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

are you using Publisher to distribute the document to a specific AD-Group or do you use Section Access currently?

In Your case if you only have 3 users there is no win to use the AD-Groups, you can easy use the AD-username instead.

When I try to do something simular, this dosent work when I used Publisher. Because if you Distribute the document to an AD-Group then the user Access the document With this AD-Group. When later user has opened the document he should then be a part of another AD-Group, ex Q1. I'll dont think qlikview recognize this 3 Groups after it has been Distributed to an other AD-Group.

denis115
Creator
Creator
Author

There are more users of course. Im using section access and here groups are working fine but when I use groups in hidding sheet like this

If(Match(NTNAME(),'DOMAIN\GROUP'),1,0)

it doesnt work

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Ok, how does Your Section Access Looks like?

Have you create a table where you have  specify what sheet Sub Ad-Group should have Access to?

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

What is NTNAME() by the way? OSUser() should be used if you want to use AD-user.

denis115
Creator
Creator
Author

I need not user but the group

denis115
Creator
Creator
Author

it was my second variant to do but it will take a lot of time because I have more then 10 sheets

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You cant use AD-Groups directly in Section Access, you must get Down to user Level to get it to work.

marcus_sommerpcammaert

denis115
Creator
Creator
Author

yes I can use cause it and it work very good and with no errors

ex:

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE

[

ACCESS, NTNAME,PRODTYPE,PRODTYPE3,REGION1

ADMIN, DOMAIN\QlikView,*,*,*

];

Section Application;

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Yes You could use it as a first reduction, but then you want to use New Groups on sheets. I'll think that wont work on Group Level.