cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelsmith
Contributor III
Contributor III

Add Date to Email PDF Distribution Name

I currently distribute PDF reports to a number of users via email.  I use the following script to define the title which includes the name of the Active Development.

%SourceDocumentName% - %DocumentField,Active Developments%

Is there a way of adding today's date into this title without having to set it up in the application script?  If not, could it be setup as a variable for use within the title?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michaelsmith
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I managed to fathom this out on my own - the date can be added to the Reduced Document Name field by adding '%dd%/%MM%/%yyyy%'.  Other fields, including those held with the document in questions, can also be added.  A handy wee tool exists that can help automate this task i.e. the small pencil icon just to the right of the input field on the Reduce tab which I somehow managed to miss the first time around.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
michaelsmith
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Anyone got any suggestions?

michaelsmith
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I managed to fathom this out on my own - the date can be added to the Reduced Document Name field by adding '%dd%/%MM%/%yyyy%'.  Other fields, including those held with the document in questions, can also be added.  A handy wee tool exists that can help automate this task i.e. the small pencil icon just to the right of the input field on the Reduce tab which I somehow managed to miss the first time around.