Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Add a trend line to a waterfall chart

I have a waterfall chart created from a bar chart with no dimensions. How do I add a trendline as shown in the following image?

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I know you mentioned that you did not have a dimension, but what if we add one? Please review the attached document and see if this is helpful.

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

How come the first two bars have the symbol & line on top of them and the last three have them at the bottom?

Not applicable
Author

the bars with the lines on the bottom are negative values. Perhaps this better explains why I want the lines (I just put in random numbers to illustrate - they are not to scale). the purpose is to follow values through a lifecycle.

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

I guess you can add it another expression. You will have to share a sample application for me to help you with it, without seeing the data it would be hard to figure what can be done.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

here is the basic example of what I need just with the line as pictured above. in my real file, the expressions are true expressions and i'm struggling because there is no dimension for the line to go by. any expressions I put as a line show up as a dot.

sunny_talwar

I know you mentioned that you did not have a dimension, but what if we add one? Please review the attached document and see if this is helpful.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Beautiful thank you!!! I attempted to add a valuelist but I wasn't sure how to write the expression to it. Much appreciated!!!

sunny_talwar

Not a problem. There is an easier alternative to using the valuelist() function, which is inline table. Let me know if you would like to know aboue that alternative as well?

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

I use inline tables in other areas of my dashboard so I am familiar with them. I didn't think of that but it makes sense. Thanks!