Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Add apostrophe symbol in an input box

Hey i have created an input box and every time i add an apostrophe symbol in it, the macro window pops up. How can i add an apostrophe symbol ( ' ) in an input box?

18 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Confusing, Where you want to add ' I understand in input box. In that, where?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
tresesco
MVP
MVP

In the Constraint tab, check if any constraint is enabled. Try enabling 'No Constraint' in the Input Constraint section.

Not applicable
Author

Anywhere inside an input box

Not applicable
Author

i have already enabled the "No constraint" dialog

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Vikas,

What is the error message you are getting while enter the apostrophe symbol?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That is not normal behaviour. You may have a on OnChange or OnInput trigger on the variable that is attempting to call a VBS macro script.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

I am actually writing back whatever is written in the input box into a SQL database with the help of a macro. So whenever someone inserts an apostrophe symbol in the input box the macro window is opened.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you share the macro?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
hemanthaanichet
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Vikas,

Use CHR(39) for apostrophe.In Qlikview CHR(39) is for apostrophe

Regards

Hemanth