Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Add local users to assigned calls

Hi all,

I try to add a local user to the assigned calls in the qmc -system - Licences - Qlikview Server - Assigned Calls.

I can only select Windows-users.

I can't select the local users.

In the default scop I have the choise between All Directories and  servername(LDAP://servername.local)

How can I change this to Servername(Local://Servername)?

Who can help me?

Regards,

Kris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The path entry should be formatted like: local://machinename

If your service account is member of the local administrators group, you won't need username or password.

In your screenshot, there is a red asterisk immediately before the pencil. Hover over that asterisk to get a tooltip explaining the issues with your values.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

For my Directory Services in QMC I have LDAP paths to 4 seperate AD domain servers and that allows me to mix 'n match assigning things like CAL's to multiple domain servers.

I can see no reason why you could not the same to add a Directory Service for your local users in addition to your current one.

Note:  I have never had need to do this, so it is only theory and I have not tried & tested it.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Make sure your local directory is configured.

Re enter credentials again.

Have a look at attached image.

Regards

ASHFAQ

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi ASHFAQ,

I have done this a few times.But it isn't working.

Regards,

Kris

Arop.JPG

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The path entry should be formatted like: local://machinename

If your service account is member of the local administrators group, you won't need username or password.

In your screenshot, there is a red asterisk immediately before the pencil. Hover over that asterisk to get a tooltip explaining the issues with your values.

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Peter,

I've deleted the user and the password and now it is working 🙂

Thanks!!