Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rudywelvaert
Creator
Creator

Add trigger OnClickSheet to a Sheet

Hello,

Is it possible to add an extra trigger to a Sheet?

There are two standard trggers: OnActivateSheet and OnLeaveSheet.

Is it possible to add a trigger OnClickSheet to a Sheet?

Thanks

R.W.

16 Replies
rudywelvaert
Creator
Creator
Author

I just need an event for the Sheets.

Now there exist only this two events:OnActivateSheet and OnLeaveSheet.

I want a third one: OnClick or OnClickSheet, what ever, that is triggered when the Sheet ( and not a sheet object) is clicked.

R.W.

rudywelvaert
Creator
Creator
Author

Miguel,

Thanks. Are you sure such a trigger can't be added one way or the other?

R.W.

rudywelvaert
Creator
Creator
Author

Anil,

Thanks

No I don't mean that.

I want an new, non-existing event added to the two that already exist, namely OnActivateSheet and OnLeaveSheet.

I want an event OnClick or OnClickSheet, what ever, that is triggered when the Sheet ( and not a sheet object) is clicked.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

That's where Miguel already replied. OnActivateShett can deserve this

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
rudywelvaert
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I think it's a question of spelling rather than functionality. In QlikView, objects are not only "clicked" but "activated". When you click on a chart, you make it active. When you have an active chart, you can click on specific values, or a range of values (i.e.: drag and hold on a slider or a bar chart, or click on a specific cell in a straight table or pivot table charts).

Same happens with Sheets. Tabs are only a navigation aid, that you can even choose whether or not to display. Clicking on a tab activates a sheet. The sheet remains active until you activate a different sheet, which can be done using the tabrow clicking on a different tab, or by any other means like a button or a text object with a Layout action, when a field is selected or changed or when a variable gets a specific value.

If you see the API reference and some functions, they refer to "Activate" as both the action and the state of a sheet or object.

MattG
Contributor III
Contributor III

He's not asking for OnActivateSheet.
What he wants is an action triggered when you click on the background of an already active sheet.
Yes you could achieve the same thing with a transparent text box, but that becomes problematic when trying to add new sheet objects.

A possible use of such a trigger would be to hide/show objects