Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syedmazhar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Adding Video and PPT file in qvw file

HI,

I need add a video and ppt file in our qvw file to help the client to understand the purpose of the dashboard. Both Video and ppt file has information related to the dashboard. Kindly help to get the solution for my above query. and also let me know if need to add any extension to achieve this task.

Thank you,

Syed Mazahar

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Generally what people do is put the Help page on the opening sheet in the application, but what you want to do is not possible as far as I know, you would have to write an extension object to handle that, am not aware of one that exists already.  The one thing that may work though would be a couple of button objects, one that does a call to open the ppt file using the Launch option of the Actions:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Button2.htm#anc...

That should also work for the other button to launch whatever to play the video too, or if you really just need the video, then one button should do the trick etc.  Best I can offer.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.