Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding commentary to a report

Hello

I'm building some reports in QV for the users to export to PDF. They want to be able to add commentary to the report. So I've added an input text box. However there are two problems:

I can only display one line of text.

The box is not saved when you exit QV.

I really need these features to make the commentary box useable. Does anyone know a way of achieving this?

Many thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Try taking input from a input box . Display the variable using a text box . If user want to enter a new line in comment recommend them to use \n character. It will create a newline in txt box

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi James,

but must they add comment frequently?

Using some excel?

Or using a macro to export a file than read during next reload?

Stefano.

Not applicable
Author

They may not need to comment frequently. They want to be able to print the report to PDF, so they need to add comments into the application.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Try taking input from a input box . Display the variable using a text box . If user want to enter a new line in comment recommend them to use \n character. It will create a newline in txt box

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

How about providing a simple Excel document for the commentary - maybe 3 columns for object/attribute, date and comment.  Then just point the QV doc to load from the spreadsheet.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help

I guess it would work. But it might be tricky for the users to use it because they would need to know which cell in teh spreadsheet went with which part of the report. Also the application is set to update once per day, the users can't reload it themselves, so we'd have to keep doing a manual reload everytime they wanted to include their comments, which isn't practical.

Not applicable
Author

That works quite well. Is there a way to save the contents of the inbox so that the same commentary is there the next time they open the application?