Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding multiple dimensions at once

Hi all,

I have a straight table that will contain a lot of columns, at least 100. Is there a quick way to add multiple dimensions at once (besides selecting multiple dimensions from the "Available Fields/Groups" menu...I'm not doing this because I want everything in a specific order and am adding conditions as I go)? I can add all of these dimensions and expressions individually (and will if that's the only solution), but I just wondering if there was a more efficient way to go about this.

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

The "normal" usage of a table-chart is to have a few dimensions and a few expressions - maybe 4 to 15 because the readability and the handling from tables which are much larger are quite bad and therefore was no reason to design any kind of field-groupings or any automatism.

One alternatively might be to write a macro which reads a table with your fields/labels/conditions and creates these chart-items within a loop but you will need to do it more often as once or twice to get a real benefit for the efforts to develop such a macro.

- Marcus

bouderbc
Creator
Creator

Have a look on this video , u will have the answer ..