Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudhir0538
Creator
Creator

Addition of a row and count in caption

Hello Community,

I have created a straight table with 3 dimensions and a calculated expression. I want to add another column in the beginning where it'll give me the row number which will generated dynamically.

And based on that column I want to show the count in caption.

(if i write count for the expression the number in caption and the no of records in the table are different) so I want to count the no of rows in table to show it in the caption.

I am unable to solve it on my own. Please help to resolve this issue.

Sudhir.

Sample table is this

Customer NameCustomer Address

Status

AX

BY0
CZ1
DW1
EU0
FV1

requirement is to add another column

S.No(dynamic calculated field for no of rows)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be create an expression RowNo(TOTAL) and then drag it to be the very first column?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be create an expression RowNo(TOTAL) and then drag it to be the very first column?

sudhir0538
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Sunny,

the proposed solution is working fine for the column.  Thnx.

How can I show the sum of rows same in caption??

i tried count but not worked

sunny_talwar

Can you share what your dimensions and expressions look like?

sunny_talwar

Or Assuming Customer Name to be the only dimension, you can try this

Count(DISTINCT [Customer Name])

sudhir0538
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, I have 4 dimensions (no calculated ones) and a expression. Where in the expression I'm showing the days different field with some set analysis condition.

I think one of the non dimension field have some distinct values,and I fed up with checking each and every field because there are lot of fields in the table. Sample will looks like this

Community Count.JPG

Here I wrote the count in Caption luckily it showing 0 and there's no records today. But sometimes the captioned count is mismatched with he no of records display in the straight table.

Please do the needful to resolve the issue.

Thnx

sunny_talwar

I would need to see more than just what you are telling me. Do you have a sample you can share? or put down all your dimension and expressions for me here so that I can get a feel for what you have. Also make sure to mention any other things (such as dimension limits) restricting the chart.

sudhir0538
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Sunny,'

I find out the column and I added it in the caption set analysis now the problem solved.

Thnx for all the help.