cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Additional Dimension

Hello Team,

Could you help me to create an extra dimension to collapse measures? Currently, measures are calculated by set analysis. I need to created dimension to collapse that measures. Is it possible? Of course, I can't base on ([L1 - P/L Piece], [Account Type],[L3 - Package]).

eg of measure: COGS = sum({<PeriodType = {Current}, [L1 - P/L Piece] = {"RESTAURANT P/L"}, [Account Type] = {"PL"}, [L3 - Package] = {"COGS"}>}$(vReportCurrency))

dime.png

Regards

Jacek.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be see if this sample can give you some direction

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

18 Replies
parthesh
Creator
Creator

Hello Jacek,

please elaborate your issue, i am not able to get exact requirement.

thanks

sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand what you are trying to do. Would you be able to elaborate more and may be share a sample with the desired output you are looking to get?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jacek,

I assume you are trying to calculate value in same dimension,like COGS % and COL% which are not presented in the dimension.It would be better if you share sample data and expected output in a excel.

Attached application may help you

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Gents,

Thank you for your comments. The effect that I wish to receive is a special dimension. So that the user can use the options expand/collapse. It has to be done for individual groups as pictured.DIM2.png

Regards

Jacek.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

can you post a sample app? it's easier to assist

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

We can actually do it in the frontend using valuelist(), but then your expression will be a mess, I would suggest creating another field during load where you map those categories

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
sunny_talwar

I am assuming that Revenue, # Tickets an so on... are all individual expressions?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes Sunny, they are individual expressions.

@ Vineeth, I can't upload application, because of business data. I will try to prepare other application with just sample od data.

sunny_talwar

May be see if this sample can give you some direction

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

Or use The Crosstable Load to make your life easier