Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Additional Dimension

Hello Team,

Could you help me to create an extra dimension to collapse measures? Currently, measures are calculated by set analysis. I need to created dimension to collapse that measures. Is it possible? Of course, I can't base on ([L1 - P/L Piece], [Account Type],[L3 - Package]).

eg of measure: COGS = sum({<PeriodType = {Current}, [L1 - P/L Piece] = {"RESTAURANT P/L"}, [Account Type] = {"PL"}, [L3 - Package] = {"COGS"}>}$(vReportCurrency))

dime.png

Regards

Jacek.

18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny, great sample, very close to the final effect. The last option is to have (after unchecking the option "Always Fully Expand")  eg Revenue with the value when is expanded.

Atm when I lunch that option, I don't have value.

Regards

Jacek.

sunny_talwar

Not sure I follow your question?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, it is correct direction.

sunny_talwar

So you have what you need or let us know if you still need help with anything

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi walaszek,

Attached the application , this requires some input like which column need to sum , count or avg in inline wizard. % calculation need to be done separately and merged with previous table

assuming this application may be the solution for your requirement

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Sunny,

Unfortunately I was not able to obtain such effect as in your example. The problem occurs at Expression level. In your example, you summed columns from the model.I need to use my expressions with set analysis.

I attach an example of data whose works without the proposed changes.

Regards

Jacek.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Prabu,

Unfortunately, my example  is not so simple. If the task was to build a dimension to the columns of the model, there will be  no problems.

Here you have to build a dimension to the expressions, so that you can group these expressions and allow the user the option to expand / collapse

Regards

Jacek.

sunny_talwar

I think you have section access in your application. I am unable to open the file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I forgot to thank, your solution works, thank Sunny.

Regards

Jacek.