Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adhoc Reporting Requirement

Hello All,

I have a specific requirement of creating Adhoc Reporting ,

in which I have created it  where user can select Dimensions and Expressions to get the chart populated.

But my requirement is the chart should be populated only when the Populate Button is pressed.

This was also achieved, but now if again user selects any other dimension or Measure , it should not be populated instanty unless User presses the Populate button, Means,

the dimensions or expressions should be ammended only if button is pressed else the previously populated data should be shown.

I am attaching a sample file.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Simply add the variable on the button and made hide & show on the chart object with that variable.

Please find the attached qvw as reference

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hide or mask the dimension and measure selectors when populate is pressed, and change the text on the populate button to say Change.... When the button is pressed again, re-enable the selectors and disable calculation again.

Button - change variable vState

action expression =If(vState = 0, 1, 0)

text   =If(vState = 1, 'Change...', 'Populate...')

Place a transparent text box over the selectors (in a layer > the layer of the selectors) and set the conditional display to =vState = 0 Or IsNull(vState)

Set the calculation condition (or conditional show) for the chart object   =vState = 1

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

t1.png

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

One way I can think of is use Alternate State for the Measures and dimensions selections/

And when the user presses button then only apply the selections from alternate state to main State using Select In field in Main state and a GetFieldSelection function using the Alternate State.  Please check the attached example.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks All for the reply,

But these approaches dont work for me as even I have tried them all.

With alternate states I have to place Dimension and Measure selector copy at the screen or have to show hide them .

Actually whats the point is , as we can do this in Cognos cubes that from the very selection only we can select them and after add or OK button is pressed it is added.

Not applicable
Author

Nitin you don't have to keep a extra copy of the Dimension and measure . You can delete those list boxes from my example. I kept them just to show you that is indeed selecting the right thing.

Here is copy of the QVW with the extra List boxes deleted.

Steps that I did. Removed the trigger from ON Change event on the DimCount and Expression Count variable.

Added a new State: Selection

Changed the state of Dim and Measure lis boxes to Selection.

In the action part of Populate button I added 2 new steps.

Select in Field, DIMENSION, Search string =

='("' & GetFieldSelections(DIMENSION,'"|"',100,'Selection') & '")'

Select in Field, MEASURE, Search string =

='("' & GetFieldSelections(MEASURE,'"|"',100,'Selection') & '")'

Thanks.