Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adjusting formula to be generic

Hello,

please find attached this table.

Capture.PNG

I have an issue please help to check.

In the table i want to calculate the cumul sales and i noticed it works by using this formula

RangeSum(Above(TOTAL ([Actual Sales]), 0, RowNo(TOTAL))) but if i want to see many sub zones  more than two let's say 10 sub zones the formula does not work correctly.

So can you adjust the formula in order to get correct values even i wawnt to see many sub zones at the same time?

Just another note the formula works correctly with many sub zones for only january and february and then it works incorrectly.

Thank you for helping me.

Alâa Eddine.

21 Replies
sunny_talwar

Then the above expression won't work. But going back to your screenshot.... can you take a comparable period screenshot to show the issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry but what did  you mean exaclty?

sunny_talwar

Look at the screenshot here

Capture.PNG

Your first screenshot is showing from Year-Month 2018-01 to 2018-09 and the second one is from 2017-03 to 2017-11. See how the years are different between the two screenshots. Does this make sense?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

do you mean that i have to keep the same periods?

if yes this is the screenshot;

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes i understood, sorry i just sent to you the new screenshot with the correct period.

sunny_talwar

So, the only value that doesn't match in the screenshots provided is the value for 2018-09, right? Would it be possible for you to share your app to see what might be going on?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

no, it is not always the case sometimes all values will be incorrect.

sunny_talwar

Okay would you be able to share a sample to check this out?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

i dot not know how and i do not if i have the right to share with you.

Thanks.

Alâa Eddine.

sunny_talwar

Well, I can't ask you to do what you are not sure about, but see if these link help

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Uploading a Sample