Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Advantages of doing Qlikview certification

Hi Everyone,

I am new to qlikview, I need to know what are the advantages of doing certifications.

Is it going to helps us in getting good industrial opportunity.

Till what time it is valid or whether we need to upgrade this certification.

Regards,

Priyanka

16 Replies
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

ya,some times it helps...but not 100% necessary...

Till what time it is valid or whether we need to upgrade this certification. --there is no end date.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

what really matter is your knowledge in qlikview development, deployment, and administration.

Yes certification may help you in some cases if you have less experience in qlikview but you are certified qlikview developer then your chances are high to get the benefits.

Sometime  companies only looking for certified QV developer to show their technology strength to client.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

sorry I have to contradict you there. In Germany it is very much relevant - official papers are worth a lot here because the HR people at companies typically spend only a few minutes with any application, so they look for those papers which certify experience - they often don't take the time to read your CV and figure out that you have worked with QlikView (or any other program) for a long time (unless you explicitly write it in the first few lines of your letter).

=> That is why any official papers, no matter what they certify, are relevant. They mostly don't read it in detail, so if it says at the bottom "(This certifies that XXX can spell QlikView correctly)", that doesn't really matter (a bit exaggerated)

Best regards,

DataNibbler

sunny_talwar

This is hilarious: (This certifies that XXX can spell QlikView correctly).

You can add this to your resume for the next time you are looking for a  job: I can certify that you have made me laugh .

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone for replying.

I am planning to do Qlikview certification, but i don't the website to get the details on the same.

Can you please help me i knowing the paper pattern.

The cost for the same &  the max no of attempts

Regards,

Priyanka

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Priya,

PFA ,

you can also check Qlik Skills Assessment | Qlik

you can also get information from Qlik :: Pearson VUE

Thanks

BKC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I agree with you,

May be in Germany companies bother only about certifications.

But here in India they least bother about it.

Even if you are certified, finally you have to clear the interview. So still I will say your experience will matter not only your certification.

Priya - just shared some links those being moderated. You can see after some time.

Thanks

BKC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

From emails I get, I notice that some people do have difficulty spelling QlikView.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Cost : $250

Total  qtn : 70

Passing marks : 75%

duration : 120 Min

No negative marking

If you will attend Qv_Developer_01

you will get two certificate QV developer as well as QV designer

Thanks

BKC