Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

After adding new user in Custom Directory, DSC Service Stops

Hi All,

I have configured customer directory as Directory services and have added more than 30 users in it. It was working fine till last week.

But today when i tried to add new user and after adding user, Directory services gets stopped.

Every time I try to add user, I'm facing the same problem, so I'm not able to add new user.

When I checked the logs it is showing following error message:

4/26/2017 00:10:57.5959094InformationAttempting to start DSC soap server at port 4730...
4/26/2017 00:10:57.7363096Information(CustomDirectory.CustomDirectoryServiceProvider) setting CU-Port to <4735>
4/26/2017 00:10:57.7363096InformationInitializing
4/26/2017 00:10:57.7363096InformationStarting web service at port 4735
4/26/2017 00:10:57.7675097ErrorError saving resource: Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\Resources\d0c3a3e6-7408-455c-8a87-364d71a2a359.xml' is denied.

I gave Full rights of C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\Resources folder to local user, qlikviewadministrator group, but still facing the problem.

Can you please let solution of this issue?

Regards

Manu

7 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The account that is used to run the DSC has full access as well?

Check whether the file exists, and whether the service account has lost access, or whether the file has gone ReadOnly... If the file exists and you cannot see anything wrong, just delete it. The cache will be created anew at startup and every 15 minutes.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

I tried after deleting the file also, new file was created after starting the service.

But still facing the same issue.

Regards

Manu

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You're not trying to run two DSC's, are you?

Not applicable
Author

No, I'm using only one DSC.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

And there is no virus scanner or other process blocking this file when the DSC tries to overwrite it?

Not applicable
Author

No, There is no virus scanner or other process blocking the file.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

At the moment, I'm out of ideas to help you find out why this is happening.

Maybe you better contact Qlik Support with this issue. If you get it solved using their help, please report back in this thread. Thanks.

Best,

Peter