Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KNRaju105630
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

After refreshing the dashboard in QMC the data is reducing

Hi Community,

We are facing some strange issue with the UAT environment - we couldn't find any issue, it was working fine.
but same application working in Prod environment. 
Issue
Application has section access; the data is reducing after an hourly refresh. (If I open first time in access point all numbers are correct, after refresh data is reducing and numbers are incorrect.)
This is happening is in same session, if I open any new browser working fine.

I understand that the problem is with section access, if I comment the section access is working fine - but my confusion is working fine in prod environment.

What could be the cause? 

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Labels (2)
6 Replies
marcus_sommer

Within the qmc is an option to allow only one copy of the qvw within the server - take a look if this is set differently and if a change made a difference.

- Marcus

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

One way to test SA(section access) is to comment out the line "Section Access;" This will allow the you to see the table that are created in SA and you can click on the users to see what they will see. 

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
KNRaju105630
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks marcus for reply - sorry for the delay.

we have all the apps are set to one copy only.

This problem is occurring after migrate version to version. (The previous version we had in production was working fine).

marcus_sommer

Beside the above mentioned qmc-setting there are also some document-properties within the tabs open and server which might have an impact - directly or with a dependency to the qmc-settings.

But before looking for this I suggest following the suggestion @Bill_Britt to disable the section access to see if there is any difference or not. If not it hints to any changes of the loaded dataset and means that the applications and/or the load-chaines within the environments aren't identically.

- Marcus  

KNRaju105630
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@Bill_Britt , @marcus_sommer ,  Thanks for your valuable response.

As suggest, I have commented section access and did check all the access level users - everything working fine as expected.

but not sure after refresh data reducing in the same session, if I open in incognito first time showing correct values.

any limitations in new upgrade versions?

marcus_sommer

This seems to exclude section access as cause whereby beside the section access within the script and the document-properties there is also a section access part within the qmc by documents and reload - I never used this and therefore I don't know how this worked ...

If there isn't any entry I suggest as next step to check the loaded data - are there really something missing within the data-model and if which ones or are they maybe just not more visible respectively possible. This may happen if the refresh triggers any macro/action (for example a data-reduction) or any variable-value or selection changed and/or any direct query is performed or something similar. For this you may add one or two structure-tables which is an option within the new object menu or you create with the system-fields $Table + $Fields your own ones. This will show all tables with all included records and the fieldvaluecount. Exporting the table after opening to Excel and then after a refresh and comparing them will show what changed or not.

If nothing is changing all data would be further there but like hinted not directly visible anymore. If there is really a data-reduction you would see which data were removed which may already give some hints what happens and why.

Nevertheless, it sounds quite strange ... Another thought - is it really the same application after a refresh? Maybe some replace happens in regard to the loop and reduce feature or any similar stuff. Without a publisher I don't know the feature, but it could be used to slice an application into n ones.

- Marcus