Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Age element which has + sign moved from left to right position

Hi All,

We have upgraded our dev environment to 2.2.3 from 2.0.3. After this upgradation we are seeing the Descriptive age elements have moved from left to right position.

Example: Its behaving as the same as below.

18+

65+

18+

65+

Had anyone faced this issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Normally will a datatype and it's format be interpreted from the first record of this field and if there are changes (per different sorting or filtering or other script-changes) it could be that the interpretation is different then before. Possible is also that qv had changed the functionalities by the interpretation - maybe there is a note within the release notes.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

I think it's downgraded.  How this is calculated?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi Kushal,

This is upgraded from 2.0.3 to 2.2.3 version

Kushal_Chawda

Sorry misunderstood in hurry. So how it is calculated?

marcus_sommer

It looked that the datatype changed from string to numeric. Have you any issue with this change?

- Marcus

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi Kushal,

It is coming from a table which has a datatype varchar(50).

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Few of the elements as string and appear on the left side in the filter pane. And other few are appearing on the right side.These have '+' sign.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Please find the screen shots.

1st screen shot is before upgradation

2nd screen shot is after upgradation

marcus_sommer

I think I would load these field in this way:

dual(num(keepchar(AGE, '0123456789')) & '+', num(keepchar(AGE, '0123456789'))) as AGE

but you couldn't do this directly within a SQL statement - you will need a preceeding load or a resident load for it.

Edit: with your new details I wouldn't do the dual() else I would load this field with text().

- Marcus

sunny_talwar

You can always fix the alignment of a particular field from the document properties. This would change the alignment for Multibox and List box throughout the application

Capture.PNG

Select Left for both Text and Numbers and that would give you left oriented field.