Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2022, LIVE in Denver CO., May 16-19, 2022. REGISTER NOW TO RECEIVE EARLY BIRD PRICING
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt
Contributor III
Contributor III

Aggregation functions in noconcatenate load

Hello, how can I perform aggr operations in noconcatenate load? While using edit expressions, I am getting error (you have attempted to apply numerical expression, which is not uniquely defined for specific variable). Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich

To count you'll need to use a count() and a group by:

CustomerCount:
Load count(Distinct Name) as CustomerCount
From ABC
Group by Name;

-Rob

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Do you want to share what are you trying? may be share images or a sample to elaborate on your issue?
Matt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have two tables with same structure and I want to perform, f.e. count of name (customers) from second table. Can I use alias like in SQL? I now that I can use FieldCounter, but want to learn how to deal with these issue in noconcatenate load

Data:
LOAD

ID,

Name,

[Business segment],

[Estimated Amount]

FROM

ABD;

Orders:
NOCONCATENATE

LOAD

ID,

Name,

[Business segment],

[Estimated Amount]

FROM

ABC;

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to demonstrate this with a few rows of data as to what exactly are you trying to do? or can you show what exactly you would handle this in your sql?
rwunderlich

To count you'll need to use a count() and a group by:

CustomerCount:
Load count(Distinct Name) as CustomerCount
From ABC
Group by Name;

-Rob

View solution in original post

Matt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Can I somehow manage this in edit expressions?

Matt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Let's say my edit script looks like this and I want to create pie chart with information about favourite color (dimension color and count(name) ??) but only from second table. I want to do this in edit expression, not in edit script mode. Is it possible?

sunny_talwar

but you mentioned noconcatenate load? where you do you see edit expressions in the script?
Matt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Edit expressions while building a chart

sunny_talwar

Then use Count(DISTINCT Name)... I mean I am not even sure what you have and what you are looking to get... you have been very vague... do you have a sample you can share?