Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ajax browser zoom causing visual degredation

Hi Team,

When viewing my document in AJAX I adjust the zoom in the browser to allow me to zoom in or out (rather than trying to use a fit to window macro).  This is fine as everyone's screen sizes and needs are different.  The problem is that is the document is zoomed at 75% (or less), the borders on all objects (list boxes, charts etc) are degraded and often one or more of the border 'sides' are missing...  This doesn't look very good to the user.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Suggestions?

Thanks

Gareth

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not sure about the best approach but personally I'm not a fan of zooming. When I'm on a high res screen, all the objects become massive and it looks weird, and when I'm on a small screen and open a wide doc it all gets too tiny for me.

My suggestion is just picking a screen size that makes sense. Maybe 1024*768, maybe larger, depending on who you're designing for. If it's internally at a company the IT department probably purchases similar screens/laptops for most users etc.

Anyway, sorry, but I don't have a good solution for your zooming issue except to stop zooming and design the document layout for the least common denominator or the most used screen resolution internally.

Not applicable
Author

Hi mate,

Thanks for your thoughts.  I absolutely stick to a set screen size but the problem is when a user has a local zoom setting or they need to zoom in or out for whatever reason.  I want to maintain the look of the document.  In my opinion QV really lacks in graphical capabilities and it is something that needs to be addressed in future releases.

Cheers,

G

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I agree that QlikView could use a better zoom algorithm.  There are too many artifacts and other issues with whatever it's currently using.  Well, in v9SR6.  I haven't tried zooming in v10 and perhaps it is improved.

In practice, I do just what Johannes suggests, and develop for 1024x768, which we consider our least common denominator screen resolution.  We can't, of course, control whether or not users like to zoom, though, which can lead to the annoying artifacts for them.