Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Alert (email)

Hi

I am stuggling to get sucess with alerts (QV12 SR1).

I know the server setup is correct as I receive emails when a document fails to reload (proved this morning).  I have set up a test document and when I couldn’t get it to work I downloaded Rob Wunderlich’s example (http://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/using-alerts-to-send-numbers-via-email/) and modified that.  I set it to reload every couple of minutes on the server and configured so:

709.png

Note: I altered the the EmailAlertTo in the load script to my email address (and even tried hard coding it directly in the dialog box).

Silly thing is I have had alerts working in the past; Am I doing something wrong or has a bug been introduced on the latest release?

Many thanks

Oli

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks anyway.

I have been trying various things and can confirm there is no bug in QV12 regarding this; however I think something in my original test document did get screwed up.  Although the confiuration in the Alert was correct it wasnt working but creating a fresh test document and reconfiguring the batch mode worked and I received and email as expected.

bit of a waste of time all round...

The desktop settings are not required for server emails.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi you have to config here:

alert.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Isn't that just for alerts when reloading in the desktop version?  I am reloading on the server and I want the server to send the email based on a scheduled reload.

Oli

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I'll think you have to config here in both case.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Do you try to email person outside the domain? I got problem when I Upgrade to some late 11.20 Version. Maybe this is a problem in QV12?

Not applicable
Author

No, currently only trying my email which is part of the domain.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

ok, Then try to add Your mailserver settings in user preferences

Not applicable
Author

Thanks anyway.

I have been trying various things and can confirm there is no bug in QV12 regarding this; however I think something in my original test document did get screwed up.  Although the confiuration in the Alert was correct it wasnt working but creating a fresh test document and reconfiguring the batch mode worked and I received and email as expected.

bit of a waste of time all round...

The desktop settings are not required for server emails.