cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

All months available based on nothing

Hello Qlikviwers,

I have got the following problem:

I've got the tables Company, Month, country_regions...

1- In the QVW I want to display calculations (Sales) based on the country regions

2- I want  all the months to be available in listbox object (even if the selected company has no sales in it)

(*I only can have the the months available when there is no company selected)

(**If I remove  the company selection to get all the available months, but the calculation based on the regions it disapears)

I want for all months to be available  no matter what (even if there is no sales)

Do anyone know how can I solve?

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Create your table and then generate a list of months and concatenate it to the previously created table. You can generate a list like this:

For i = 0 to 11

Months:

LOAD

Month(AddMonths(YearStart(Today()),$(i))) as Month

AutoGenerate 1;

Next i

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't make excluded values (grey background) be possible values (white background) at the same time. That's simply the way qlikview works. See this blog post: Colors, States and State vectors

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you can create an alternate state (state1) and assing it to the listbox of Month.

Then you have to modify the expression as:

sum({<Month=[state1]::Month>}Sales)

BR,

Elena

Not applicable
Author

Thats my point, I dont want those values colored grey, so as soon the user select them the qvw will aggr the other companies that has sales leaving the one that hasnt aside.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply, I will try that and I will be giving you a feedback.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think you're confusing the problem with the solution. You want the solution "I don't want excluded values shown in grey" and so you say the problem is that the values turn grey, but I reckon the real problem is actually something else. I think it's something like "I want chart X to disregard selections in my Month listbox". Is that correct? Because that is possible.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand