Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Allow/Disallow tabs without Section Access

Hi, I have a requirement, which I feel would be common in most implementations. Based on the user login, I need to allow/disallow tabs.

e.g.

Peter     SH01

MacGill SH01

Peter    SH02

This will be a sample maintenance, say SH01 is the sheet id. Based on the user login for e.g. Peter, he should get access to both sheets. MacGill should get access only to SH01.

Can you please help how to implement this.

Thanks,

Ram

13 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Sheet Property->General->Show Sheet->Conditional

Not applicable
Author

sorry tres, what would be the condition here?

Not applicable
Author

let us say I capture the osuser() in a variable say vCurrentUser. How to use this variable in the condition?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Expression something like:

=If(OsUser()='Peter')   // for whichever sheet you want to give access to Peter (in your case this has to be there in SH01)

Update: Or, even you can simply write : =OsUser()='Peter'                         // without IF

Not applicable
Author

No tres, I can't hardcode usernames.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Then, what would be your logic?

MayilVahanan

HI

Please refer this link

http://community.qlik.com/message/311475#311475

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

hmm. This link shows how to implement using section access. I can't afford to take the user name as input. The osuser is captured in a variable and based on that variable and the configuration i showed above it should decide to allow/disallow tabs.

Not applicable
Author

hmm. This link shows how to implement using section access. I can't afford to take the user name as input. The osuser is captured in a variable and based on that variable and the configuration i showed above it should decide to allow/disallow tabs.