Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richnorris
Creator II
Creator II

Allow Export unchecks itself if I save on a different server?

If I save a document with 'Allow Export' enabled on my Dev environment, then it will work as expected. If I move the document off of Dev onto UAT and then open it and enable Allow Export, then save it, when I open it again it will be unchecked. Sometimes if I save it on Dev with the option checked, then move it to my release folder on a local drive, it will become unchecked. (I never have this problem with moving from Dev to UAT). How is the environment effecting whether or not this feature is turned on or off? Why can't I open the UAT dashboard and turn it on and save it?

This is very frustrating, as I have two dashboards which are identical, except for the permissions and allow export, so that only admins can open the admin version which has the feature enabled. I have just released a new version to live, and the admins are complaining that they cant export, because the function has turned itself off. I now have to schedule an entirely new release, just to enable a checkbox, because if I change it on the live environment, it wont save?

3 Replies
richnorris
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Just to note, it works the other way as well, ie, if I save a file with 'Allow Export' checked on Dev, then promote it to UAT, and then try and turn off 'Allow Export', and save it again, it saves with it turned on. This could cause quite a serious problem if non-admin users are allowed to export to excel in terms of compliance

Not applicable

Rich,

Did you check if both the environments have same build? It happened to be once and upgrading one of them solved the problem.

Kiran.

Not applicable

I've had similar problems with a document that was updated in either QlikView version 10 or 11 and then I copy it to a different computer and try to update document properties (Security tab) with version 9. It looks like I successfully change the document properties but when the document is re-opened nothing was changed.

I can change the properties again using version 11 but it seems like the document is permanently altered so that document properties can not be updated with the earlier version.