Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alternate State ... Not All Selections

Hi

Please can someone advise me how I can use alternate state for only some of my lists, but still include an inherited state also.

e.g.

I have 3 list boxes for Month, Level1 & Level2. 

I would like the Level1 & Level2 to be an alternate state so that it doesn't affect any of the other charts in the dashboard, but I also want to keep the selection based on the inherited state for the month. 

I can't use an alternate state for the Month as I want the month to applied to all my other charts.

So I want the month selection to apply to all charts (including my specific chart), but I want the level1 & Level2 to only apply to my  specific chart.

Thoughts

Cheers

Phil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

Sum({<Level1 = AS::Level1, Level2 = AS::Level2>}Measure)

Where your chart is going to be in the inherited state and AS is the name of your alternate state

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

Sum({<Level1 = AS::Level1, Level2 = AS::Level2>}Measure)

Where your chart is going to be in the inherited state and AS is the name of your alternate state

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That wont work as all my other charts will be affected by the selection for Level1 & Level2.

sunny_talwar

Why would that be? If you are selecting in Alternate state for Level1 and Level2? Or is Level1 and Level2 one of the dimensions?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Maybe we can keep Level1 and Level2 in different alternate state and write expressions in that specific chart of yours to filter based on the lists from different state..

Filter data for only selected charts

might help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Apologies this does work fine.  It was a long day yesterday.

Many thanks

Phil