cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greend21
Creator III
Creator III

Alternate States and Set Analysis

I have a chart where I had to put a few listboxes for this chart in an alternate state so that the selections don't affect the other sheets. This is so that the charts can always have these defaults selected in accesspoint. I currently have NUM(Count({BillingSummary<InFRoll13Flag={1}>}DISTINCT(InFPolicyNumber)), '#,##0') for my set analysis so that it picks up the selections made by these list boxes that are in the alternate state. The issue with is the pivot will not filter if I make a selection within the pivot itself or in a listbox that is in the default state. Is there a way to have the set analysis recognize selections made in the default state AND in the alternate state?

ShowInFCount, ShowInFELS, and ShowInFFarm are the three areas where selections are made in alternate states.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

Num(Count({BillingSummary<InFRoll13Flag = {1}> * $<InFRoll13Flag = {1}>}DISTINCT InFPolicyNumber), '#,##0')

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

Num(Count({BillingSummary<InFRoll13Flag = {1}> * $<InFRoll13Flag = {1}>}DISTINCT InFPolicyNumber), '#,##0')

greend21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Sunny! After this worked I noticed just Num(Count({BillingSummary<InFRoll13Flag = {1}> * $}DISTINCT InFPolicyNumber), '#,##0') will also work. I thought I was going to have to list out the fields I wanted from the alternated state with :: or something like that. This is much easier.

sunny_talwar

Does this still work if you make a selection in InFRoll13Flag within the default state? If you are not going to make selection in that field... then you are good here... but if you make selections, the expression that I gave will work different then the expression that you have (I believe)

greend21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I agree that I think would need what you suggested if I were to make a selection in that field but no, that is an indicator to make sure the data is within a rolling 13 month period. No selections will be made in InFRoll13Flag outside of the set expression.

sunny_talwar

Then you have nothing worry about

Best,

Sunny