cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alternate states with a common column

I have 3 tables Products ,Customer and shops

Shops table is the connecting Products and Customers in data model.I am displaying Products details in one sheet and Customer details in other sheet with alternate states enabled but I want Shop_Name column(Used as filter in both sheets) from shop table to effect both the sheets commonly .How to implement this

31 Replies
supriyabiware
Creator
Creator

I am in the same situation but somehow this solution is not working.

I have 4 tabs (4 alternate states Entschieden, Offen, Both, Details). all tabs have one common filter(LED listbox) . i want this one to be selected commonly in all tabs even if one changes.

I tried writing the above logic in ONSelect or ONchange in event triggers but not working.

etc

am i doing anything wrong?

Thanks

Supriya

CarlosAMonroy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Supriya,

Can you share a sample file, please?

Thanks,

Carlos

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi carlosamonroy/roharoha

Hope you guys are doing great.I found a tiny bug with the earlier proposed solution.

When I select a value in shop name filter it is applying to both alternate states without any problem

but if you have a shop name selected and then make a selection in one of the other  filters, and then undo the shop name selection, the shop name filter is still selected in other alternate state.This problem only exists when we have value selected in other filters.Any work around to auto un-select of shop name filter in both alternate states irrespective of other filter selection.

Sample file attached

CarlosAMonroy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Krishna,

Try applying the exact same logic that you have in the OnSelect on OnChange.

Thanks,

Carlos M

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It worked..thank you

Prabhu
Creator
Creator

Hi Carlos,

The filter is working in multiple sheets but we could not make multiple selections in the filter. Please do the needful.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sample file attached in my last comment ,I can make multiple selections on filters

Prabhu
Creator
Creator

Thank you Krishna Chaitanya for your quick response. It is working.

Prabhu
Creator
Creator

Hi Krishna Chaitanya,

I have implemented the above in my dashboard. Now i am able to make multiple selections in all sheets with different alternate states. But some times, i see some extra selections in the dashboard(the selections which i have not made).

This issue is happening only in access point.

Please do the needful.@

Re: Alternate states with a common column

Krishna Chaitanya KoyyalamudiAce

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please include your sample file and screenshots if possible .If I have to guess there is something wrong with your data model or using if condition in dimensions for charts can also cause this problem.