Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Alternative States Bug?

Hello guys!

Since the analysis tasks I am doing are likely based on comparison of KPIs and other characteristics of discrete subgroups of a specific data set, I implemented Alternative States in my analysis application in order to make comparison easier. In doing so, I can initially select all groups, which need to be analyzed, and save each in an Alternativ State and then analyze those groups simultaneously. This is incredibly timesaving.

However, I am facing the following problem: Whenever the analysis application is relocated to another file directory (e.g. local hard drive of a colleague), the Alternative States do not work anymore - meaning that they are not activatable anymore and have to be deleted in the document settings and then generated again. In general, Alternative States to me seem somehow "instable" with regards to their functionality and I am reluctant to implement them in applications for our customers eventhough they would be a nice feature.

Did anyone else experience this problem? Is there any possibility to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

nep berger

2 Replies
priyasawant
Creator II
Creator II

what is the issue..?

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I accidently published the topic before I finished the problem description 🙂