Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Alway one selected value really

Hi All

I read the blog post on the above mentioned at below link :-

http://qlikviewmaven.blogspot.in/2013/01/always-one-selected-value-really.html

My question is the author add the expression on :-

In the Document Event Triggers window click on OnAnySelect. In the Field Event Triggers window

And he follow by doing the same of the above as below :-

Click OK and then do the same thing for the OnOpen event. If needed for your situation you may also want to do the same thing for the OnPostReloadevent.

My question is i just try to do it on the 2nd step of the above it work fine . But i like to know what it the purpose of 1st step field event trigger ?

Hope some one can share with me.

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Paul,

I suggested doing the action OnOpen so that the field would have one and only one value selected when a person opens the document no matter how the document was previously saved.

The reason for doing the action OnAnySelect is so you can catch situations where someone tries to change the selection of your special field -- like trying to deselect the one value or trying to select and add a second value. The other situation that might occur is someone changing a different but related field that might automatically unselect your special field.

And the reason for doing the action on the OnPostReload event is that the reload will change data and change field values and it might cause your special field to become unselected. The action described in the blog should make sure that the field has one selected value even if it cannot be the exact same value that was selected prior to the reload.

I hope that helps. 

Good luck,

-Tim

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Paul,

I suggested doing the action OnOpen so that the field would have one and only one value selected when a person opens the document no matter how the document was previously saved.

The reason for doing the action OnAnySelect is so you can catch situations where someone tries to change the selection of your special field -- like trying to deselect the one value or trying to select and add a second value. The other situation that might occur is someone changing a different but related field that might automatically unselect your special field.

And the reason for doing the action on the OnPostReload event is that the reload will change data and change field values and it might cause your special field to become unselected. The action described in the blog should make sure that the field has one selected value even if it cannot be the exact same value that was selected prior to the reload.

I hope that helps. 

Good luck,

-Tim

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

thank tim. now i understand