Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III

Always One Selected

Afternoon all

having an issue with an selector, in that once it is loaded onto the server and viewed via the access point the option "Always One Selected" is ON.

I don't want/ intend this to be the case, i want the user to have the option of no values being selected.

if i open the QVW, the selector has no fields selected. Then if i copy the QVW up to the server, then open the QVW again to check, the selector still has no values selected (as you'd expect). But if i then open the app via the access point to view the selector - a field is selected and cannot be deselected.

how do i go about removing this "forced field" issue - and why is it happening?

This is a stand alone dataset (no joins).

11.2, SR12

thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gsbeaton
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi There,

Sorry, I don't have any definite answers, sounds like this  one will just require good old fasioned forensic investigation.  Here are a few things to try though:

1. Go to QMC > Documents tab > User Documents panel > Server > Server Objects Panel.  Review server objects for your user.  Consider deleting any that are there.
  2. In Access Point, click the 'Remove Last Document State' button.
  3. In the QlikView application, go to Settings > Document Properties > Opening tab.  Ensure 'Initial Data reduction Based on Section Access' is checked, rather than 'Initial Selection based on section access'.

Hope this helps.  Do post the solution once you've found out what it was.

Kind regards

George

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

The only thing I can think of is if the copy on the server has changed the setting. Grab the version on the server and check if 'Always One Value Selected' is unchecked or not. Or simply replace the copy on server with the one you have on your desktop.

marcus_sommer

Is there any section access implemented?

- Marcus

wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

cheers for the reply. Ive tried amending the server copy as well as replacing the server copy with my local copy.

its bizzare.

i've got the server copy open now - and the selector has Always One Selected unchecked. But when viewing with IE via the access point, the selector is stuck on always one selected!

driving me crazy!

wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

yep - Section Access is used but doesn't involve this particular field

marcus_sommer

Are you sure that the associations from your section access to these field provide more then these single dimension-value for this particular user? Maybe you could try it with a user which has more rights or whole access.

- Marcus

wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

there's no association to the field in question - its just basic section access

gsbeaton
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi There,

Sorry, I don't have any definite answers, sounds like this  one will just require good old fasioned forensic investigation.  Here are a few things to try though:

1. Go to QMC > Documents tab > User Documents panel > Server > Server Objects Panel.  Review server objects for your user.  Consider deleting any that are there.
  2. In Access Point, click the 'Remove Last Document State' button.
  3. In the QlikView application, go to Settings > Document Properties > Opening tab.  Ensure 'Initial Data reduction Based on Section Access' is checked, rather than 'Initial Selection based on section access'.

Hope this helps.  Do post the solution once you've found out what it was.

Kind regards

George

wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

George you're a legend!

Remove Last Document State did the trick (they're are no server objects to remove and the SA is set correctly)

i didn't even know what that button did - is it akin to clearing the cache for that app?

i need some server training!

gsbeaton
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Wonky,

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner.  The 'Remove Last Document State' purely resets your version of the document to the QVW version on the server, ie, the default state.  So if you've moved objects around, made selection etc, all of these will be cleared and you'll be back to the start again.

Hope that helps

George