Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Animate to remove fields

Hi everyone,

I have a line chart with 7 different lines. I want to first show all seven, and then remove 5 to emphasize two specific expressions. My first idea was animation but I'm not sure how to animate the chart to remove multiple expressions. Any other approach would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Its kind of a juvenile approach but you could make the same graph twice and put them in a container object.  The first one depicts all seven, the second one shows the two you wish to highlight.

I would love to hear someone's feedback on how to animate something like that, I am sure that will come in handy in the future.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Its kind of a juvenile approach but you could make the same graph twice and put them in a container object.  The first one depicts all seven, the second one shows the two you wish to highlight.

I would love to hear someone's feedback on how to animate something like that, I am sure that will come in handy in the future.

Good Luck

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Katie!! We actually decided against animation and your solution was perfect. Of course, if anyone knows how to animate a chart to remove lines that would still be good knowledge!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The attached qvw shows a couple approaches to emphasizing lines by varying the line width property of the expression. Options shown are fix the line width, toggle the emphasis with a button, or hide lines with a button.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

This looks great !!!!    better than the 'Correct Answer' approach

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

Super cool!!! One question - how come it knows to emphasize and de-emphasize only the average line?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Glad you like it. I've attached another version with annotations that hopefully will answer your questions.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

It's really helpful, thanks!