Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator

Animated Chart (I think) query

First of all apologies I havent actually attempted this yet as ive just had a great idea and have too little time to spend discovering how to best to achieve it.

I have traffic data (e.g speed, length, time of day, location etc) and my idea is to basically draw a road in the window with have graphs at certain spots in the window that relate to site specific data. i can then apply filters to either look at specific times in the day or average over the lot. my idea was wouldnt it be great if the charts could be animated/looped to show progression through the day, an obvious must is that they have to be synced.

im assuming this is possible and hopefully not too time consuming as I will have about an hour to complete this prior to demonstration. other wise im stuck with the same old boring graphs.

thanks ahead of any help its greatly appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Samuel,

Yes, this can be done, but you will not do it in an hour

Regards

Alan

View solution in original post

8 Replies
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Samuel,

Yes, this can be done, but you will not do it in an hour

Regards

Alan

samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

thats unfortunate,

thanks for the speedy reply

its_anandrjs

In place of list box if you use calender object will give you good presentation for the chart.

pwd
Employee
Employee

Many chart types have an Animation setting that can be activated. Basically you would animate it over the time dimension in this case. It will add a play button to the chart, and can be set to loop. It does have some limitations though, for example I don't think it will work in the full browser client.

samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks guys, ive actually managed to get one working, ive obviously animated the time dimension but is there a way to show the time that is currenlty being viewed? ive clicked the show animated value button but it hasnt really made a difference, is this becuase it will be animating too fast for the eye to register the changes so sees no need in showing?

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Samuel,

Change the font and color of it

2014-04-10_1448.png

samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks but ive sussed it, youll laugh but the time between values was 1000ms and my data has 1 second increments so I just assumed it was the timer on the chart not the value lol,

if i make several of these graphs with the follwing expression where the xx defines the location is there a way to sync the animations so they all show the same time?

avg({$< [Geographic Address] = {'xxxx'}>} [Speed(Lane 1)])

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Samuel,

It would be easier if you could share the App