Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Another Longitude and Latitude Question

Hi all,

I have a table that holds store address, postal code and the associated  Longitude and Latitude for that postal code.

I have a radius selector such as the one the below:

I have a postal code selection box such as the one the below:

What I want to be able to do is once a user chooses a postal code from the above box and the choose a radius, that a chart would display all the stores that are outside the postal code, but with in the selected radius of the postal code.

Any hints or helpers?

pc.PNG.png

radius.PNG.png

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not applicable
Author

Sorry swuehl but its different.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, it's not 100% what you requested, but it's showing how to calculate distances between stores given their lat/long coords. Then, after selecting a store, show all near by stores within 1 given distance (1 mile in my example).

So, if I've understood your very short request with no input / output data given correctly, it seems like it's 99% of what you need.

Maybe I am wrong, but 'it's different' is not helping me to help you.

Not applicable
Author

I just added a qvw that might help out.

In this example, when a user chooses the postal code of 49048 and he has any thing selected for the radius, only store 6 should show.

When choosing any other postal code, no store should show because they are not within the radius.

arthur_dom
Creator III
Creator III

Se attached QVW. I Used a linear response setting the Dimension between a range of Degrees, 69 Miles is 1 Degree so that was my scale of transformation.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try the attached, I uploaded it in March to the community, similar question.

Not applicable
Author

Michael,

Could you explain variables "milefactor" and "rc"?

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sure.

The milefactor is the radius of our planet in miles.  If you use distance in kilometers, the variable must be in kilometers as well.

The rc is to convert degrees in radians.  If you divide 360 by 2*pi(), you'll get this rc number (more or less close).

Regards,

Michael