Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Any button to switch between AND/OR mode?

HI, I just learnt about And mode in Qlikview and found out that I have to use the OR-mode and Exclude at the same time?

Can anyone find a way to do it?

PS:I am a young Qlikview learner, can I get a QVD file in order to understand the method deeply?

Many thanks.

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can go through the below 2 links, they'll surely help (the 2nd one contains demo files):

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2013/07/19/and-mode

AND-Mode

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, that's what I want.

But may I know that can I Change the mode of a particular listbox by a button? If so, how can I do it?

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Once you implement your table as described in the links, then go to the listbox property, under the General tab, the "And mode" option will then be enabled and you can check it.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I may not explain my word clearly.

Since I am not the one using the Application, he doesn't want to or even doesn't know to click And mode from the properties. What I want is to add a new object, letting him to choose whether to use And mode / OR mode. In this case is it possible?

Not applicable
Author

You can add a macro like below (check API Guide) and call it from a button trigger:

sub switchAndmode

set fld = ActiveDocument.GetField("[Type Here Your And-Mode Field]")

set fp = fld.GetProperties

if fp.CanAnd then

if fp.IsAnd = false then

fp.IsAnd = true

else

fp.IsAnd = false

end if

fld.SetProperties fp

end if

end sub

Not applicable
Author