Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Any difference between QlikView Developer and Desktop?

Hi All,

I have just downloaded QlikView Personal Edition and tried to get familiar with it. I have read some documents like user guide and software architecture. It is quite confused for me about QlikView Developer and QlikView Desktop.

Are they two different software? If yes, when to use developer and desktop?

Please help.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

WY

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I can understand that its a bit confusing but its the same software.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks so much, Andersson.

I have a further question about QlikView Developer.

Can it used to create both dashboards and standard reports?

Thanks again.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, it can. The limitations comes when you need to distribute/publish the information and would instead need a Qlikview server setup to share you dashboard to the end-users by using the access point.

The PDF distribution requires a publisher and specific PDF license. If you have any questions regarding that do I recommend that you contact your QlikView sales person for information and help to get a setup suitable for your needs.

Good luck!

suniljain
Master
Master

In QlikView , Qlikview personal desktop software licensed  , it become Qlikview Developer tool . becaue You can share that QVW with your other team mates.

Not applicable
Author

Is the publisher you mentioned means QlikView Publisher?

If I need to use this tool, I need to buy a license for publisher, am I correct?

But is Publisher rely on Server? I means Publisher just like a add on function of Server.

Thanks a lot.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Yes, sorry for being a bit unclear. And you fully correct, to be able to use the Qlikview publisher do you need to have both a server (with license) and a publisher license. The Qlikview server and publisher are bundled together but with different license parts and by adding the publisher license do you enable the extended functions such as distributions.

The price might be a little steep so my recommendation is have a chat to your qlikview contact to see what setup required to meet your needs

Not applicable
Author

Thank you.

I am clear for that now. =]