Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Anyone on AMD processor OR recommend ?

Hello friends,

We are planning to invest on a new server and were comparing AMDand intel.

Loos like the hyperthreading in Intel is of NO USE with qlikview (infact it affects performance)

So we are thinking of considering a highend AMD based  system.

I have not seen any comparitive study between AMD and Intel.

Does any one has any idea ?

Thanks,

Aji Paul.

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This question is very interesting because we have AMD processor (never have INTEL in the company) and we would like to know if INTEL are better than AMD or not.

So I hope Qliktech will answer this questions.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your comments.

Would you please let me know what configuration you have for the server? and some data and QV sizes? looks like the multithreading on INTEL affects the performance. So we were considering AMD

Not applicable
Author

We have Six-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2435 2600MHz x 12 = 48 core with 256 gb of ram.

Our biggest QVW in memory are around 3GB and have around 30 millions of lines in the one fact table.

It's a little bit slow before we having the display of the result but we don't know why.

For the moment we called our partner to view ou problem: developpment, server, optimization, etc.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Again! That was helpful!

BTW may I ask you how many users and apps you have? and probably how many are concurrently using the apps

Thanks,

Aji Paul.

Not applicable
Author

We have around 100 users and we expected 200 in the middle of 2012 and around 6 apps for the moment but big app. We think about splitting one app to have better performance.

Concurrent users may be around 20-30 in the morning. But everything depends on the date.

Also when we will have answer of the performance from our partener en Qliktech, I will post it here.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! So I assume you have around 12GB apps(total?)

Not applicable
Author

At the moment it's around 15GB of application in memory because size depends on our activity.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you!

Not applicable
Author

hi Aji

did you get answer of the performance from our partener en Qliktech ?

thx