Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Application crashes after print dialog

Hey everyone

I have a button in one of my applications that triggers the print dialog for a report, when the report is printed and the dialog is closed, the application "stops answering" and the browser has to be restarted. we have recently migrated our server, and upgraded our qlikview version, the problem seems to have appear after this, as it was no problem earlier.

Has anyone had a similiar problem or can point me in a direction of a solution?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Do I understand it right that the IE plugin is used as client and that the above mentioned print-dialog is implemented with actions? What happens by using a different browser as AJAX client, for example firefox or chrome?

- Marcus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

Is it implemented with macros or actions? Which clients and browser are used? Which releases have OS/desktop/server and web-client? What were the releases before the migration?

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

It does have both a macro that sends an email, with a different purpose, than the report printing, and also an action that trigger the printing of the report, via the button mentioned in my original post. We use Qlikview 12.10.20400.0 SR6, Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard (64 bit edition) version: 6.2.9200

the old server ran Qlikview 11.20.129040.0 SR12 64-bit Edition, and a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard as OS

marcus_sommer

Do I understand it right that the IE plugin is used as client and that the above mentioned print-dialog is implemented with actions? What happens by using a different browser as AJAX client, for example firefox or chrome?

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Yes the client is the IE plugin. If i try the button in Chrome it  skips the print dialog and gives me this message box

qlikqlik.png

the window does not automaticly open, but when i press the "press here" link it opens in a new window, where i then can open and print the document with the browser dialog. 

Not applicable
Author

It seemed to be a Problem with the EI Plugin, apparently i had not updated the EI Plugin, after the server migration. There was only a problem with this specific functionality, but it looks like the problem has gone away after update, thank you very much:)