Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Application data changing with reload, not changing source data

Hi,

I have a QlikView front end application that is on a test server and the identical copy is on the production server. Both pull from the same data source, just delayed by a few hours to prevent contention. The past two weeks we have been experiencing a problem where the production version does not match the test version after the first reload. After hours of comparing the scripts and trying to identify a root cause or discrepancies between the two applications, we tried to simply reload on publisher the application in production. The first time we encountered this issue, after the third reload, the data was matching the test version. Some days the first, regular reload is fine, other days it could take up to an additional 2 reloads to resolve the problem. We have spent hours trying to identify the cause, and yesterday even copied up the version from test to production again. Yet today we had the same problem and an additional reload resolved the discrepancy.

some things to note: when I mention reload above - i am not reloading the data I pull from the source system, just reloading the script for my front end application. We aren't doing anything fancy in this script, just loading the fact tables and related dimension tables from the source extracts.

any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

7 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Which version are you using?

There was a bug that cause some data to be missed on reload.

There is an interesting thread here.

There are fixes in latest releases of V10 and v11

Hope it helps,

Erich

http://community.qlik.com/thread/48469

thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Jennifer,

Are you sure the data in the source system are completly updated before you reload the application.

Regards,

Tom

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Could you provide more detail on the difference(s) you are seeing. Is there is different number of rows? Across more than one table?

If you have not already done so, you may want to turn on the timestamp option of the document log so you can keep multiple document logs as an audit trail.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

We're using QV 11, SR1 64-bit... so I would imagine the bug you are referring to has been fixed in this version.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the idea, yes, there are two other applications that run off of the same data that are triggered at the same time as this application that has problems. Data reloads are completed before the applications run...

Not applicable
Author

That is the strange thing - row counts are the same between test and prod versions across all tables. Timestamp is on, log hasn't provided any information as to what is causing the problem.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So what are you seeing that is different?

-Rob