Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Application for Mobile Client

I cam across this question in one of my interview:

An application can be used in Ajax client and mobile client. Majority of users use Ajax client and very few top level people use mobile client. How do you design?

I tried to manage the question in the interview but what is the solution to this scenario?

Do we need to create two different applications, one for Ajax and one for mobile?

How to determine that?

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

What I would answer is,

Yes we will have to create 2 different application, one for Ajax and one for Mobile.

The reason behind this is, Mobile application will be more of a KPI driven where User may not be willing to play around the data much, so the application for them should be light and should contain something which they would like to see as an overview of the data.

Ajax Application should be used on PC or Laptop so it should have facility to drill down to least level and it should allow various combinations of selections and play around facility.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kaushik. That makes sense.